You are invited to join the Springfield Audubon Society. All chapter members are also members of the state organization, the Illinois Audubon Society. As a chapter of the Illinois Audubon Society, we influence state wide initiatives to manage and preserve environmentally significant areas throughout the state. With the support of its members, Illinois Audubon Society has scored significant successes in achieving its mission and continues to work to this end.
- Illinois Audubon Society Membership
- IAS has worked on behalf of birds, wildlife, and habitat in Illinois since 1897 as one of the oldest conservation groups in the Midwest. The Society focuses primarily on state and local issues, working to preserve habitat, promote conservation practices, and foster an appreciation of wildlife through its many educational programs.
- Illinois Audubon magazine, a quarterly publication from the Illinois Audubon Society
- Quarterly Springfield Audubon Society newsletter
- Participation in field trips and programs
- Access to conservation experts and organizations in Illinois
- Admission to IAS sanctuaries and the opportunity to attend chapter and statewide events
- Opportunity to influence bird and habitat protection measures locally and statewide
You can now join or renew your IAS/SAS annual membership online. It’s easy and convenient.
Membership is by household, not individual. Annual dues are based upon the date when membership is initiated and continue for one, full year.
The Illinois Audubon Society notifies every member when a renewal deadline is approaching.